The department was established in 1983 to promote women education and to produce women graduates in Vijayawada. Courses offered B.A : TM in 1983 with History, Economics & Political Science as subjects. Certificate course : Tourism and Travel Management.
Aims and Objectives:
- The department’s aim is to orient the students in understanding the past, learn from the present to build a bright future.
- The department is planning to give more practical sessions and to put the maximum efforts to improve the knowledge of the students.
- To inculcate a spirit of curiosity and to cultivate a sense of History.
- To infuse a sense of pride in the culture and heritage of our nation.
- Spacious class rooms with black board.
- Comfort seating arrangement to the students.
- E-Class rooms are available
- Departmental Library is maintained for the students.
Curricular Activities :
- Guest lectures and seminars are arranged frequently to the students to enrich their knowledge. of the students.
- Coin exhibition, Model Exhibitions organized.
- Practical knowledge is inculcated to the students through project works.
- Free internet facility is provided to staff and students in the department.
- Research is facility is provided in the library.
At the entry level the I B.A students are given orientation on history basics to acquaint them with basics of the syllabus.
To slow learners 15days special coaching is given.
Practical Exposure : Field trips and historical visits to some places were organized.
The students projects are-
History of Indian National Flag.
History of Andhra State and Andhra Pradesh
Amaravathi and Undavalli Caves
History of Hyderabad.
Nagarjunasagar and Srisailam Dams